Exhibitions organised by the Fundació Joan Miró at other art centres and museums
The Fundació Joan Miró can arrange touring exhibitions of Miró’s work and can also organise educational projects and activities to tie in with them.
Recent examples include:
- Joan Miró. Women, Birds, Stars, featuring 86 works by Miró, which toured Taipei, Kaohsiung and Taichung, in Taiwan, from 8 June to 25 September 2013; from 5 October 2013 to 5 January 2014; and from 18 January to 26 April 2014, respectively. The show was in three parts: the first section explored the world of Miró’s imagination; the second showed how the artist experimented with new techniques and materials; and the third examined the new meanings Miró gave to everyday objects.
- Joan Miró. The Force of Matter, featuring 112 works by Miró, which was on in Santiago de Chile from 31 July to 26 October 2014. The show centred on Miró’s interest in different materials, which helped him master new techniques and reach the purest sources of art. It included paintings on canvas, paper and other media, sculptures and prints made between 1931 and 1981.
Exhibitions on specific aspects of Joan Miró’s art
- Joan Miró. The Metaphor of the Object
This exhibition of 25 bronze sculptures, 15 enlarged photographs and a number of objects aimed to compare the real-life items that were the starting point for each of the pieces with the final results in bronze.
- Joan Miró. From Figuration to Gesture
A selection of original prints- etchings, aquatints, dry points and lithographs- produced between 1933 and 1963.
- Joan Miró. Gallery of Anti-portraits
A selection of prints produced between 1969 and 1978 in which the colour black is contrasted with the primary colours and dominates the composition, forming primitive, anthropomorphic figures imbued with humour.
Photography exhibitions of work from the Joaquim Gomis Archive
Joaquim Gomis was one of the leading pioneering photographers of his time, and his work is on a par with other acclaimed 20th-century photographers. The Fundació Joan Miró organises regular exhibitions on his work and his innovative approaches to photography.
Exhibitions on leading 20th-century artists
A selection of 42 prints by artists such as Valerio Adami, Georges Braque, Alexander Calder, Eduardo Chillida, Alberto Giacometti, Joan Miró, Saul Steinberg and Antoni Tàpies shows the results of their work at the Maeght studios and reveals their contributions to the history of printing techniques in the 20th century.